If I recommended a travel place for families, seriously, it would be Tennessee. If I had friends coming from abroad, I would direct them to Tennessee. Why? Because it’s that hidden gem we have in America. Seriously, the landscapes are incredible, the food is yummy and the people are FRIENDLY! It must be the water!
By-pass the cities and head for the mountains for some family friendly fun. We found some good deals on Priceline (no I am NOT an affiliate) for hotel rooms. Trip Advisor is a good place to check too for rooms. Read the reviews though, and be sure to write an honest one yourself to keep this great system going!
Lots to do in Pigeon Forge. This is the FUN epicenter, with attractions like go carts and mazes. Dollywood Theme Park is great for rollercoaster lovers, as is the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster, or go all out different and roll down a mountain in a plastic OGO ball at Gravity Park. Definitely a cool place for a vacation. Here’s a quick top 10 list for you here.
Some articles to help plan your Pigeon Forge Vacation:
- Gravity Park: https://www.adventuresofmom.com/adventures-beyond-the-parkway-in-pigeon-forge-thrills-hills-at-outdoor-gravity-park/
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster: https://www.adventuresofmom.com/alternative-outdoor-family-adventures-in-pigeon-forge-the-smoky-mountain-alpine-coaster/
- Lumberjack Feud Dinner Show : https://www.adventuresofmom.com/the-lumberjack-feud-dinner-show-family-fun-in-pigeon-forge/
- Dollywood Theme Park: https://www.adventuresofmom.com/riding-the-rails-fast-slow-at-dollywood-in-pigeon-forge-tennessee/
- Shopping in Pigeon Forge: https://www.adventuresofmom.com/the-old-mill-district-shopping-hub-of-pigeon-forge/
Places to eat that we enjoyed were The Pottery House Café & Grille in the Old Mill District for lunch: 175 Old Mill Avenue, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868
And Grandma Ogle’s Ham & Beans (in Dollywood).
We also thoroughly enjoyed the pancake breakfast at Flapjacks in nearby Gatlinburg, near the Great Smoky Mountain National Park entrance. They have 3 locations in Gatlinburg & 1 in Pigeon Forge! That’s a lot of flapjacks! We dined at: 146 Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
No visit to the area is complete without an adventure in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park!
Great Smoky Mountain National Park: https://www.adventuresofmom.com/10-reasons-to-visit-the-great-smoky-mountain-national-park/
Check out this tiny resort town nestled in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains. We made a top 5 list of things to do just for you!
This cool city is also a tourist mecca. Remember that Chattanooga Choo-Choo song? Yeah, well you can ride it there. Also See ROCK CITY- in case you haven’t seen the historic advertisements on the roofs of the barn, Rock City is a garden, caves, waterfalls and more- cool swinging bridge. Nearby Ruby Falls is a giant waterfall deep inside a mountain cave. You can also ride the Incline railway down the mountain. Purchase a combo ticket of all three (Ruby Falls, Rock City & Incline Railway) for added discounts. I bought ours at the nearby AAA Auto Club South office for an extra discount. The Tennessee Aquarium is said to be a rival to our Florida Aquarium, so if you like neat fish…