You can easily spend a vacation in Tampa, Florida. There is just so much to do. Hop a trolley from Channelside to check out the Florida Aquarium, then back on again for a spot of dinner in the historic Ybor City.
Things to do in Tampa:
1. Florida Aquarium, an easy four hours spent wandering past the giant shark tanks, through the Cypress Swamp, with stingrays, alligators, penguins and more.
2. Busch Gardens: Florida’s go-to roller-coaster destination. A zoo- with rides. Roller coaster family thrills
3. Lowry Park Zoo: more of the traditional zoo, it also has rides like the carosel and jungle jeep safari, giraffe feeding and camel rides too.
4. MOSI: Museum of Science and Industry
5. Channelside: A quick hop on the trolley takes you to Tampa’s premier shopping area. Check out the IMAX theater and bowling center.
6. Ybor City: Historic district of Tampa, explore the old cigar factories & check out The Columbia for old world dining.
7. The Beach! Just a short hop away are the white sands of Clearwater Beach.
8. Tarpon Springs: While you are in the area, check out the Greek settled bayfront town of Tarpon Springs. Bakeries, restaurants, sponge shops.
General articles about Tampa: