For Kayak, Canoe, or Stand-Up Paddle Boards (SUPs)
Paddle Adventures in Florida
Here is a rundown of paddle trails and paddling adventures & places to launch your kayak, canoe, or SUP from in Florida. This is a resource page & will be updated- so bookmark it and check back.
10 Things You Need to Know About Florida Gators
- Not talking about the friendly orange & blue variety, but if you plan to head out into any body of water in Florida, you need to know about these prehistoric beasts with which we share our beautiful waterways.
5 Things I Wish I Had Known Before I Started Kayaking
- Some things to think about before you venture into the paddle life.
10 Reasons You Should Be Taking Your Kids Kayaking
- Paddle adventures can alter your kids’ lives forever (in a good way!)
High Springs Area
Outdoor Adventures in High Springs
- High Springs, home to a unique concentration of gorgeous springs and some epic parks. Take a kayak- you’ll want one to explore this gorgeous area of Florida.
- County Park in Fort White and one of the launch points for the Santa Fe River.
Adventures at Florida’s Blue Springs
- A video look at this amazing park in High Springs.
Spring Hunting at Ginnie Springs
- Video of the springs & runs at Ginnie Springs, a privately owned outdoor park on the Santa Fe River.
Ocala National Forest
Adventures on Salt Springs Run in the Ocala National Forest
- The wetland river trail from Salt Springs to Lake George.
Juniper Run Paddle Trail: Florida’s Natural Water Obstacle Course
- Insider look at the challenging Juniper Run, a 7-mile intermediate-level paddle trail in the Ocala National Forest (with rapids!)
Marion County Area
Kayaking with Monkeys on the Silver River
- Just beyond Highway 40 exists a gorgeous winding river full of wild life- and the only place in Florida with feral monkeys.
Paddle Adventures on Florida’s Rainbow River
- Known as one of Florida’s tubing rivers, these crystal clear waters offer much more beyond the tuber trail.
- Video of the Withlacoochee
Canoeing on the Withlacoochee River
- The winding river that stretches from Green Swamp to Yankee Town.
- Not all river trips go as planned…
Exploring the Waccasassa River
- Swamp, stumps, and a tidal bay. A video look at this quiet region of natural Florida.
An Insider Guide to Crystal River
- An in-depth look at the places in and around this sleepy fishing town, and winter home to the Florida manatee. Plenty of paddle launches too!
Family Paddle Adventures on the Chassahowitzka River
- Cave diving, manatees and secret swimming holes, the “Chaz” offers a whole lot of family fun.
Florida’s Adventure Coast
Paddling Florida’s Weeki Wachee River
- A popular paddling destination by the home of the Florida ‘mermaids’.
Kayaking Florida’s Coastal Paddle Trail
- A well-marked Gulf Coast Paddle Trail from Bayport Park to Linda Pedersen Park