Paddle Adventures in Florida
Here is a rundown of paddle trails and paddling adventures & places to launch your kayak, canoe, or SUP from in Florida. This is a resource page & will be updated- so bookmark it and check back.
- Not talking about the friendly orange & blue variety, but if you plan to head out into any body of water in Florida, you need to know about these prehistoric beasts with which we share our beautiful waterways.
- Some things to think about before you venture into the paddle life.
- Paddle adventures can alter your kids’ lives forever (in a good way!)
High Springs Area
- High Springs, home to a unique concentration of gorgeous springs and some epic parks. Take a kayak- you’ll want one to explore this gorgeous area of Florida.
- County Park in Fort White and one of the launch points for the Santa Fe River.
- A video look at this amazing park in High Springs.
- Video of the springs & runs at Ginnie Springs, a privately owned outdoor park on the Santa Fe River.
Ocala National Forest
- The wetland river trail from Salt Springs to Lake George.
- Insider look at the challenging Juniper Run, a 7-mile intermediate-level paddle trail in the Ocala National Forest (with rapids!)
Marion County Area
- Just beyond Highway 40 exists a gorgeous winding river full of wild life- and the only place in Florida with feral monkeys.
- Known as one of Florida’s tubing rivers, these crystal clear waters offer much more beyond the tuber trail.
- Video of the Withlacoochee
- The winding river that stretches from Green Swamp to Yankee Town.
- Not all river trips go as planned…
- Swamp, stumps, and a tidal bay. A video look at this quiet region of natural Florida.
- An in-depth look at the places in and around this sleepy fishing town, and winter home to the Florida manatee. Plenty of paddle launches too!
- Cave diving, manatees and secret swimming holes, the “Chaz” offers a whole lot of family fun.
Florida’s Adventure Coast
- A popular paddling destination by the home of the Florida ‘mermaids’.
- A well-marked Gulf Coast Paddle Trail from Bayport Park to Linda Pedersen Park