Central Florida Festival Guide for October 2015
One of the most happening months of the year, October is officially in full swing. The humid heat of summer has given way to crisp mornings and fresh breezes and festivals. Lots of festivals. Beer Festivals, Jazz Festivals, Art Festivals and of course the all around Harvest Festivals.
So grab the kids and head out in this wondrously beautiful weather.
Check out some of these upcoming Fall Festivals in Central Florida:
Saturday 17th October 2015
- Two Rivers Arts & Craft Festival: Art & crafts in historic small town Dunnellon. 9am-4pm in the historic village.
- Jazz Up Dunnellon : Looking for some music to chill? Try this Boom town’s annual Jazz Festival, 5am-9pm. Live music, food. For both events: check it out here.
Saturday October 24th 2015
- McIntosh 1890 Festival: We’re not talking old apples here, but the historic Florida town of McIntosh. Arts, crafts and costumes. Lots of kid activities. Good for families. 8am-5pm. You can check out their FB page here.
- FAFO: Fine Arts for Ocala hosts an art show downtown on and around the square. Local arts & crafts, kid activities, live music & performances & food. 10am- 5pm Saturday & Sunday (October 25th). Find out more here.
- Ocala Pumpkin Run: If classic cars are more your speed, then try this 3 day event set at Castro Farms in Ocala. Cars cars and more cars & pumpkins of course! Giant car show with plenty of kid events. Friday, Saturday & Sunday. $13 adults. Kids under 11 free. Check it out here.
- Great American Cooter Fest: We all love turtles, right? I certainly do! The Central Florida town of Inverness has elevated the turtle’s status during a 3 day music-carnival event. Midway rides, live music, arts & crafts, water show & a Cooter Paddle Battle. Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 11am-9pm & Sunday (25th) 12pm-6:30pm. Check it out here.
- Mt. Dora Craft Fair: In it’s 31st year, check out the local arts and craft along the picturesque historical downtown of Mt. Dora. 400+ booths. Food. Cool train too! 9am- 5pm Saturday & Sunday (25th). They are expecting 250,000 people, so this is a big one! Find out more here.
Saturday October 31st
- Micanopy: this historic neighbor of McIntosh and old trading post town was also the setting of Michael J. Fox’s “Doc Hollywood” movie. One big craft show down the long historic main drag of Micanopy. Historic museum, arts, crafts, food and antiques. 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday (Nov 1st). Find out more here.
What’s happening in your area?