Outdoor Adventure Resources
Hiking Adventures in the Southeast
Hiking is a free and frugal sport, relaxing, and great way to connect with nature and your family.
Here is a round up of hiking posts and videos on the Adventures of Mom website.
Family Hiking Adventures in the Southeast
- Round up of favorite family hikes in the Southeastern United States.
Epic Fail on the Florida Trail
- How NOT to hike with your kids
Stepping into the Past at Fort Clinch State Park
- Climbing through the Civil War Brick fort by the sea.
Exploring Talbot Island: Florida’s Natural Playground
- A look at Black Rock Beach, the Boneyard and more.
Adventures at Florida’s Blue Springs
- Video of the springs and trails of Blue Springs Park in High Springs.
Hiking with Gators on La Chua Trail
- A hair-raising adventure among Florida’s prehistoric beasts. Warning- this hike is not suitable for little kids!
Exploring Gainesville’s Sweetwater Wetlands Park
- Boardwalk paths and trails around Paynes Prairie Wetlands.
Inside Kanapaha Botanical Gardens
- Video with highlights of Gainesville’s favorite spot.
- Hikes to springs in recreation area in Ocala National Forest.
Changes at Silver Springs State Park
- New trails at Silver Springs State Park
Swamp Walk to the Silver River
- Video of the Swamp Trail on the quieter side of Silver Springs State Park.
Scott Springs: Secret Grotto in the Heart of Ocala
- Park in the heart of Ocala
- A video peek inside the garden trails of Ocala’s peaceful park.
The Secret Japanese Garden in North Central Florida
- Hiking in and around this unique little-known gem in Williston.
Exploring Dunnellon’s Blue Run Park
- Not just a tube exit. Hiking & biking trails through this Rainbow River Park.
Finding Solace at Crystal River Wildlife Refuge
- Favorite winter home to manatees (video)
The Insider Guide to Crystal River
- Essentials for outdoor adventures in this Gulf Coast fishing town.
Hiking Crystal River’s Churchhouse Hammock Trail
- Hiking trail in the heart of Crystal River.
Walk on the Wild Side: Hiking in Black Bear Wilderness Area
- Hiking trail to the St. John’s River- near Orlando
Journey to the Edge of the World
- You don’t have to be a hobbit to have an epic journey…
North Georgia Adventures at Amicalola Falls
- Following in Bill Bryson’s Footsteps
Raven Cliffs Trail: Hiking in North Georgia with Kids
- Tips on hiking this Chattahoochee National Forest trail.
- Video of the Raven Cliffs Trail Hike. Very cool waterfalls.
10 Reasons to Visit the Smoky Mountains National Park
- Just in case you need a good reason…
Returning to the Smokies After the Fire
- A look at the aftermath.
Beneath the Smokies at Tuckaleechee Caverns
- Not all hiking adventures are above ground!
Roaring Fork: The Lesser Known Motor Nature Trail in the Smokies
- The best adventures are outside of your car.
Cades Cove: Exploring the Valley Hidden in the Smokies
- A look at this popular Smoky Mountain region.