Summer in the Smokies Series
Dolly Parton’s Smoky Mountain Adventures
Mouthwatering aromas of southern fried chicken and freshly baked biscuits waft over the crowd. Sounds of rousing foot-stamping mountain music reverberate through the indoor arena as acrobats twist and slide through the air like graceful gravity-defying ballerinas on flowing silks suspended three stories high. It’s just another average night at Dolly Parton’s Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner Show in Pigeon Forge.
Creating the Smoky Mountain Adventures
Founded by musical talent, philanthropist, and local legend Dolly Parton, also of Dollywood, Splash Country & DreamMore Resort fame, Pigeon Forge’s newest dinner show, the Smoky Mountain Adventures, offers drool-worthy Smoky Mountain country cuisine, foot-stomping music, and an engaging awe-inspiring show.
In creating the dinner show story, they scoured the country for America’s finest acrobatic talents and combined them with Dolly Parton’s music (some old favorites and new works) to create fun, family-orientated dinner entertainment.
The story depicts a friendly rivalry between Dolly Parton’s parents, Avie Lee Owns and Lee Parton as they compete in a Smoky Mountain Contest of skills that takes place in front of Pigeon Forge’s Old Mill during the late 1930’s. Love and rivalry story-line aside, it is the showcased talent of strength, agility, and flexibility that steals the show. Jaw-dropping gymnastic feats on the suspended silks and Lyras (hanging hoops), Chinese Poles, and trampolines leave audiences astounded, and the skilled canine tricks are sure to melt some hearts.
Combining Dinner and a Show
Our own family introduction to dinner shows began in Pigeon Forge a few years ago, and we haven’t looked back since. Being on vacation limits the time families have to enjoy the sights, but everyone needs to eat, so combining a meal with top notch entertainment is like dealing with the two birds with one stone- that stone being the hour and a half of important vacation time. It just makes sense. And the meal they offer there is a Tennessee feast: Creamy vegetable soup, fried chicken and pulled BBQ pork, corn on the cob, potatoes, hot biscuits, and a peach cobbler to finish- plus all the tea and coffee you like- all served while guests enjoy the show.
About The Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner Show
- The Smoky Mountain Adventures offers two nightly shows at 6 pm and 8:30 pm.
- Each show lasts for an hour and a half.
- Call to make reservations (1-800-365-5996) or visit their website to book online.
- The website, definitely worth a look, offers specials and combo tickets with other area attractions.
- The Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner Show is located at 2713 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
3 Things to Know Before You Go:
- Non-alcoholic drinks are included with the meal.
- Tips, however, are NOT included. Bring some cash to show your hard-working waiter some gratitude at the end of your meal.
- Top tip: Got kids? Use the toilets before the show ends, as the after-lines can get hectic. (Must be from all that free-flowing sweet tea.)
About Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is a family-friendly destination in the Smokies, offering clean entertainment, mountain music, and family attractions, from the award winning Dollywood theme park to the Titanic experience, multi-level go-kart tracks, the 200-foot high Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, the historic Old Mill Restaurant and shopping district and much more.
- Whitewater Rafting in the Smokies
- Beneath the Smokies: Exploring Tuckaleechee Caverns
- Family Fun in Pigeon Forge
- Riding the Rails in Dollywood
- Testing Gravity at Outdoor Gravity Park
- Pigeon Forge’s Historic Old Mill District